Free Download Canon PowerShot G12 PDF User Manual, Instructions, User Guide, Owner's Manual.
Canon PowerShot G12 Digital Compact Camera is still loaded with powerful technologies that has made the G Series cameras so renowned, like the Canon HS SYSTEM, 2.8-inch Vari-angle PureColor System LCD, and RAW + JPEG image modes.
Now, this flagship camera paves the way with these new upgrades like 720p HD Video with stereo sound to get crystal clear footage, multiple aspect ratios, High Dynamic Range, Electronic Level, Tracking AF, a Front Dial and much more to give you even more creative control than before!
Shooting at limited or high contrasted lighting environment is no longer a challenge!Built-in HS SYSTEM integrates DIGIC 4's almighty speed data processing power and 10-megapixel High Sensitivity image sensor, which improves the signal-to-noise ratio dramatically and makes light-gathering capability stronger than ever. Even if shooting at low light situation, shaking due to long exposure setting can be reduced greatly; as a result, sharp and clear images can be captured without using a tripod.HS SYSTEM also enables a greater dynamic range. Fine and detailed images can also be captured even scenes with great differences in contrast by retaining details at both shadow and highlighted area.
PowerShot G12 offers a flexible focal length of 28mm wide-angle and 5x optical zooming capabilities. Integrated with a high-effective optical Image Stabilizer to provide 4-step optimal compensation for both vertical and horizontal camera shakes with gyroscopic sensor, and lens-shift technology, reducing blur caused by camera shake, sharp images can be captured even in low-light conditions without using a tripod.
Canon DIGIC 4 Digital Image Processor’s high algorithm power can process massive and complex data with ultra-speed. Comparing it to the previous generation,its overall performance is improved by 30%, further quickening start-up and response time. The performance of Face Detection Technology is strengthened up to 3 times faster, and Motion Detection Technology’s tracking performance is speeded up for 10 times. Also, noise reduction capability is stronger which enhances the image quality.
A new control dial is added on the PowerShot G12 front. Designed with ergonomics in mind, it enables users to adjust their own settings quickly and easily. Together with the G-series camera body’s control dials, aperture value, shutter speed, ISO, exposure compensation, manual focus, white balance,aspect ratio, dynamic range correction and shadow correction can be customized.The dedicated dials compliment each other to deliver professional-level functionality for greater control and easier setting changes.
A built-in Electronic Level is shown on the LCD monitor to detect any tilt of horizon lines, indicating the horizontal accuracy and the leveled composition. This is suitable for shooting subjects or landscapes without an obvious baseline for perfect composition, and can save the post-production correction effort.
Canon PowerShot G12 Digital Compact Camera Key Features:
- 28mm wide-angle 5x optical zoom lens with 4-step lens-shift type image stabilizer
- HS SYSTEM, reducing image noise dramatically
- 10-megapixel High-sensitivity CCD image sensor
- DIGIC 4 Digital Image Processor
- 2.8-inch 461,000-dot PureColor II VA vari-angle LCD
- Upgraded Accessories Capacity to Enhance Professional Shooting Experience
- New built-in electronic level
- New front dial for flexible control
- Aperture priority (Av), shutter priority (Tv) and full manual exposure shooting modes
- World's First Hybrid IS for Stable Macro Photography
- New High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode, delivering detailed images in high lighting contrast scenes
- New High Definition 1280 x 720 movie shooting with stereo sound
- Enhanced Scene Detection technology, including 28 different scenes
- Low Light Shooting mode, enables High ISO speed of 12800
- New Creative Shooting modes such as Fish-eye and Miniature Effect
- New Smart Shutter, with Face, Smile and Wink Self-Timer
- Face Detect AiAF function, with Face Self-timer and Blink Detection function
- Motion Detection function, with Intelligent ISO Speed Setting and Tracking AF function
- RAW or RAW+JPEG modes recording supported
- White Balance Correction function
- Enhanced i-Contrast function for keeping more image details, supporting manual setting
- New Aspect Ratio function (16 : 9 / 3 : 2 / 4 : 3 / 1: 1 / 4 : 5)
- New Filter Adapter FA-DC58B
- Ultra-high capacity SDXC memory card supported
- Built-in HDMI-mini terminal for easy connection to HDTV, supporting HDMI-CEC function